What are Sinking Fund Budget Reports?
The aim of a Sinking Fund Budget Report is to pre-emptively account for any irregular maintenance or capital works.
Recent construction costs have risen by an incredible 36% over only a 12 month period and the Housing Industry Association’s Trade Cost Index continues to show that there is an undersupply in many trade areas keeping an upwards pressure on costs.
As the cost of building materials and labour continues to raise, so does the associated costs of maintenance such as scaffolding and adhering to safe work practices. Without adequate preparation, Strata Corporations are faced with mounting expenses that could have been foreseen.
New legislative requirements…
Changes to the Community Titles Act and Strata Titles Act were implemented in October 2013 to improve forward planning and to encourage Sinking Funds. The changes require a Sinking Fund Budget for all community corporations that have 2 or more lots, which can be easily facilitated through a comprehensive Sinking Fund Budget Report from Solutions in Engineering.
How often should I update my Sinking Fund Budget?
These changes now require a 3 year Sinking Fund Budget for strata corporations of 7-20 lots and a 5 year sinking fund budget for corporations with more than 20.
What you can expect from our professional forecasts…
- Forecasts compiled using our custom designed software developed to calculate the lowest possible levy whilst still maintaining sufficient funds to meet expenditure needs
- Rates used in calculations obtained from contract rates and relative industry sources, not just estimating schedules, to ensure your forecast is accurate
- Simple, comprehensive, easy to read reports which include tips for extending the life of many high maintenance items
- Communication that ensures important issues are discussed
- Protection of $20 million Public Liability & $10 million Professional Indemnity Insurance
Courteous, easily identifiable and professionally dressed inspectors who are willing to spend time with a Strata Corporation representative on the day.
Meeting your Sinking Fund Budget requirements are made easier with good quality, professional help. Solutions in Engineering are backed by over 30 years’ experience and the backbone of the engineering discipline.